The Jurisdiction of the Zone comprises of the districts of Ahmedabad, Kheda, Gandhinagar, Banaskantha, Mehsana, Patan, Sabarkantha, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Kutch, Porbander, Bhavnagar, Junagadh, Amreli & Surendranagar in the state of Gujarat and Diu in the Union Territory of Daman & Diu.
The Zone is headed by the Chief Commissioner who looks after the Central Excise and Service Tax work. There is a separate Chief Commissioner of Customs for Gujarat, with Headquarters at Ahmedabad, who controls Customs appraisement work of Kandla Custom House, Jamnagar, Mundra minor ports, International Airport and Inland Container Depots (ICDs) and anti smuggling work in whole of the State, Commissioners of Central Excise do only work relating to 100% EOUs and bonded warehouse on the Customs side. As mentioned earlier, there are five Central Excise Commissionerates and one Service Tax Commissionerate in the jurisdiction of this Zone viz., Ahmedabad-I, Ahmedabad-II, Ahmedabad-III, Rajkot, Bhavnagar & Service Tax, Ahmedabad. Each Commissionerate is headed by a Commissioner. The jurisdiction of these Commissionerates are as under.
(1) Ahmedabad-I Commissionerate : The jurisdiction of newly created Ahmedabad-I Commissionerate comprises of the city taluka and daskroi taluka in the district of Ahmedabad excluding some portions and the villages of both the talukas, which have, now been included in the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad-II Commissionerate.
(2) Ahmedabad-II Commissionerate : The jurisdiction of the Division starts from the Saijpur Bogha tower and on north-west side railway track (Ahmedabad Prantij railway link passing through Saijpur Bogha) upto Saijpur Bogha and the area including the Airport area, Cantonment area and Camp Hanuman, Sadar Bazar and from there runs along the eastern bank of the Sabarmati Compassing the entire area of Ahmedabad city taluka from Camp Hanuman to Kotarpur village thereby including the village of Hansol and Hanspura. From Hanspura the jurisdiction of this division includes the village of Muthia, Ainasnan, Pardhol, Vehol, Juka, Naroda, Lailsis, Navrangpura of Dascroi taluka and southern side upto Thakkarbapanagar including Krishanagar.
(3) Ahmedabad-III Commissionerate : The jurisdiction covers the districts of Kheda, Gandhinagar, Banaskantha, Mehsana, Patan and Sabarkantha.
(4) Rajkot Commissionerate : The jurisdiction covers Rajkot, Jamnanagr & Kutch Districts.
(5) Bhavnagar Commissionerate : In the Districts of Porbandar, Junagadh, Bhavnagar, Amreli and Surendranagar (excluding Patdi and Dasada talukas of Surendranagar District) of the State of Gujarat and Diu in the Union Territory of Daman and Diu.
(6) Service Tax : The jurisdiction covers geographical areas of 11 Talukas of Ahmedabad District namely City, Daskroi( Rakhial, Vatva, Narol, Odhav, Naroda), Sanand(Changodar), Bavla, Dholka, Dhandhuka, Barwala, Ranpur, Viramgam, Detroj and Mandal and Patadi Taluka of Surendranagar District.